The Adventure Crew Time is an opportunity for the children to split into smaller, interest-based groups. These groups will meet each day for approximately 2 hours and be the same group of children each day- enabling the crew to work on multi-day projects.
Participants of the Children’s Program (aged 6-12) are asked to sign up for the Adventure Crew of their choice prior to the Family Adventure Summit. You will have received an email upon registration to make your choice.
- Artful: Bail is known as the Island of the Artist. Handicraft making has been passed down from generation to generation. The Balinese are known to paint, carve and weave. We will explore some of these styles of handicrafts. Sign your children up for four days of experiencing a flavor of this traditional art-making. Projects include: Balinese Textile Making, Animal Clay Modeling, Batik & Dyeing, Jewelry Making, Plaster Mask Making.
- Theatrics: Actors! Singers! Dancers! Acrobats! Musicians! Performers of all kinds and all levels of experience- join us for a Theater Performance! Over the course of these 4 days participants will develop stage skills including storytelling, voice, music, movement and character creation. They will explore Balinese culture and stories, and work together to bring one of these stories to life in a Theatre Performance for all the participants at FAS to enjoy
- Global Beats: Join this crew for some serious fun and games with World Music! We’ll enjoy jamming together and playing rhythm games with hand drums from the Bali Drum Factory. We’ll explore some new instruments, and learn to sing and dance to songs from around the world. We’ll have special guests share local music, tradition, and culture. Participants of this crew will also have the opportunity to showcase what they’ve learned at a final performance.
- Sportathon: For those who like to move and keep active, Sportathon is where you’ll find the time to join in on big group sport games such as Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee, California Kickball, Capture the Flag and more! We’ll also break it up with shorter, international field games such as Cat and Mouse, Catch the Dragon’s Tail, Sardines, etc… and learn some fun Indonesian games! Have a game of your own that you’d like to share with friends? Sportathon is the Crew for you!
- Tech Heads: Ready to build cool stuff with friends? During Tech Heads we will engage in group projects such as building catapults, and creating stop motion videos with LEGO or clay. We’ll also be learning the basics of coding using a fun app, building and creating techy stuff, and learning about some of the pros and cons of technology! It’s required to bring your own device for the coding portion, such as a smartphone, tablet, or laptop. But if you don’t have one you can still join the crew as most of the projects don’t require your own specific device.